Tuesday, September 22, 2015

REFINISHING FURNITURE: A new hobby

So I watch HGTV everyday, I know for someone my age probably not expected but oh well. I love it! One of my favorite shows is Fixer Upper featuring Chip and Joanna Gaines from Waco, Texas. And Joanna's design style is so perfect.  I love how she salvages old pieces that many people throw away and turns them into shabby-chic clean one of  kind pieces. Distressed is in and going off of that note I decided that I wanted to learn to give new life to old pieces and return them to their full potential.  So I signed up for a class on how to use Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint where I learned several paint techniques and how to achieve those perfectly chic distressed looks.  The only thing about this paint is that you have to find a retailer near you to buy it from, because it is not available for online purchase.

Now I'm not saying that you can't use anything else to achieve this look, this is just how I've gone about doing it.  

I feel like everywhere I go now I am looking for wooden pieces that I can spruce up and experiment on!
Here's a couple of my first pieces.





0 comments:

Post a Comment