Tuesday, September 22, 2015

TOUR OF EUROPE: Passing through France

From the French Riveria we had a one night stay in the city of Nimes.  One the way to Nimes however our tour director had a surprise for us... she planned a kayaking trip on the Gardon River where we had the chance to go right through the Pont de Gard ( a ancient Roman aqueduct). We kayaked 6 km aka almost 4 miles... It felt like forever but at the same time it was so awesome! I mean I kayaked a river in France. How cool is that?! Unfortunately I made a last minute split decision to not take my GoPro with me so I have no pictures or videos from that experience, trust me when I said I made the wrong decision... I learned on this trip that my GoPro is my best friend when traveling. 

Once we arrived in Nimes we just set off to find a restaurant for a quick dinner and then a grocery store for some snacks and called it a night.  We were ready to save our energy for the next big stop in our trip SPAIN! 

The next day we made our way out of France and into Spain, but along the way we stopped for a quick lunch in Carcassonne.  Now This place was cool.  One: They have lavender EVERYWHERE. TWO: Um they have like everything inside of Castle Walls.  Pretty cool! 

I didn't however capture a lot of photos in either of these cities but here's a couple that I did take! 

NEXT STOP BARCELONA!

Sunset over Nimes
Carcassonne
And this my friends in the Pont de Gard... Gorgeous right?


0 comments:

Post a Comment