Tuesday, September 22, 2015

THE BEGINNING OF A JOURNEY

So I have a lengthy bucket list of places I'd like to visit that I am constantly trying to make shorter, but apparently flying to multiple countries and cities isn't that affordable.  Go figure. Well thankfully I was able to mark off nine countries this past June as I found a super affordable way to travel and explore Europe. Yes, that's right, nine countries in one month! And let me tell you... I had the time of my life.  

A little over a year ago, I found a website ad on Facebook for a company called EF College Break.  I looked into it because it was designed as a way to see the world for people ages 18-28.  Luckily I'm 22! NaturallyI became instantly intrigued to find out more, so I did some digging and found these pretty AMAZING looking trips! Seriously, it all looked too good to be true.  Such affordable prices for such extensive and inclusive trips.  I thought to myself there has to be a catch. 

Turns out a sorority sister of mine had traveled with the company before and actually had picked the same trip I was most interested in, a thirty day tour throughout Europe.  She assured me it's all legit and that it was absolutely worth it! 

So I looked into it even more. Googling, looking up posts on their company Facebook page, looking for blog posts, youtube videos, etc.  It seemed so awesome.  My only dilemma was that I wasn't sure if my parents would let me travel around Europe for thirty days with a group of absolute strangers. They've seen Taken, and my dad is definitely not Liam Neesen. 



So I hesitated a lot before pitching the idea to my mom. Then one day she was talking about some trip she saw advertised somewhere and it was no where near as affordable as the one I was wanting to do.  So I went for it.  Right then and there I pulled up their website and read her the itinerary, the excursions, and the awesome iconic places we would be visiting.  To my surprise she was totally and 100% into the idea of me going! I couldn't believe it! 

So by now if you haven't clicked on the link to EF's website you may want to do so.
You will not be disappointed. 

We talked it out with my stepdad and my dad and before you know it we were signing me up and making the first payment! The trip I signed of for was the Grand Tour of Europe.

I am beyond blessed and thankful to my parents for letting this amazing trip be my graduation present!

0 comments:

Post a Comment